Improvements to the Carnet référence construction
A number of new features and some new information are now available on the Carnet référence construction to make it easier to use. Here’s a summary of these improvements.
By filling out the corresponding fields in their online profile, workers can now:
- Ask to be contacted by e-mail or text message by employers interested in their services
- List their certifications and additional training and specify their other work experience and skills, notably as group leader and/or supervisor/foreman
Workers may also consult a guide that will give them step-by-step assistance with filling out their online profile.
In addition to having access to the new information that workers may put in their profile, employers can now:
- Conduct a search using the criterion of experience as group leader and/or foreman
- Have access to optimized search results to find workers practising only one of the industry’s occupations, such as surveyor or labourer, masonry
- Consult the source of their hirings from the list of their hiring and layoff notices, which displays data for the last 12 months
- Obtain, when inputting a hiring notice for a later date, a prevalidation of workers’ compliance (the hiring confirmation number will be sent only on the working day preceding the date specified in the notice)
Click here to download a printable PDF summarizing these improvements (in French only).
For permit holders
Permit holders may now ask to be informed only of workforce needs declarations concerning given regions and trades.
This first wave of improvements is the result of comments received from the industry since the launch of the Carnet last September.
So that the Carnet will continue to evolve and respond to the industry’s needs, please continue to share your comments with us by writing to us.